SiemensFlorham Park, NJ1M ago
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a creative Mechanical Graphic Designer to support our Engineering team in Florham Park, NJ. The Graphic Designer is responsible for the development of system control diagrams, building floor layouts and monitoring graphics for Siemens Building Automation Systems. This position is accountable for completing designs within the budgeted engineering labor, at a high customer satisfaction rate, while following standards set by the Siemens Area Graphic Designers across North America.
- Complete all graphics design/development within the budgeted engineering labor hours.
- Design visually appealing, dynamic, easy to use, and modern looking graphic solutions for building operators.
- Complete review and understanding of design support which includes logging & tracking projects and status. Support delivery of graphics to the jobsite to meet completion schedules.
- Must be able to multi-task to work on more than one design project at a time
- Maintain a personal utilization of >80%: Accurately record the proper use of graphic types, quantities, and network numbers when charging time to projects.
- Support / Achieve high Customer Satisfaction: Identify quality control issues and notify project manager and engineering manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain consistent response time and follow up with each assigned project managers. Ensure accurate and timely graphic design deliverables.
- Ensure proper documentation for long term servicing of customers: Support systems to service turnovers on projects utilizing centralized graphics design process. Maintain a copy of the latest graphics as-built of completed jobs in the district server.
- Processes: Support project managers, account engineers, and field specialists in designing graphics for their projects. Design background and dynamics when requested. Support efficiency initiatives – Graphics Standardization/Centralization.
- Associate’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Experience in graphic designing required, 1+ years experience preferred
- Ability to read architectural/mechanical/engineering blueprints and documents strongly preferred
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of the graphic design process
- Basic understanding and knowledge of these programs (or similar) preferred:
- 3ds Max
- Animation software
- Must be willing and available to travel 5% travel may
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.