Strategies 360Seattle, WA1M ago
Strategies 360 Seattle office is looking for a self-motivated, big-picture and detailed designer who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You are driven to get the win. You think and communicate strategically while executing at the task level with quality and speed. Your background includes working in a creative environment designing print and digital work for political campaigns from start to finish--even better if you’ve worked in an agency setting where political campaigns top your client list. Or you’ve done creative work in an issue advocacy or union setting. You understand campaign hours and your attention to detail and ability to anticipate and avoid challenges sets your team up for success.
Strong experience and appreciation for design and collaboration with creative teams AND campaign staff is critical.
You will work primarily on quick turn print and digital-related projects for S360’s state offices and their clients across the western US.
This position requires a track record of managing numerous multi-faceted projects simultaneously. You know how to keep projects on time, on budget and how to manage all of this when all your projects have the same end date.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design high-quality, attention-grabbing print, digital/web/PPT and brand materials for candidate and issue campaigns.
- Participate with the campaign team lead/staff to communicate ideas visually and verbally as well as develop designs that implement on campaign and messaging strategy
- Create production-ready work across platforms and have a depth of understanding of photography, accepting and making edits, print production, etc.
- Build positive relationships with external and internal clients, proactively engaging with them on current and potential work and anticipating obstacles before they happen
- Work closely with the campaign team and leaders of our state offices to make sure projects are appropriately started and moving through milestones to completion
- Manage the collection of required content and assets for all of your projects
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field
- You have 2+ years of experience (or at least three political cycles) as a graphic designer in a fast-paced, high-volume, campaign-centric direct mail operation and the portfolio to prove it.
- You have a strong knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, pre-press, print production and digital design principles
- You can self-direct, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- You are an excellent communicator (in-person, visually and in-writing), with an understanding of graphic design vocabulary
- You are comfortable working on projects that don’t often come with brand guidelines
- You have the ability to adjust communication styles based on your audience
- You are clever and intuitive, with a knack for knowing when to speak up and when to listen
- You have the ability to clearly communicate a project process to internal stakeholders and clients unfamiliar with creative work
- General proofing/editing (spelling and grammar) skills are imperative. Being a perfectionist in this position will be helpful
- You will be working in the Seattle office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe CC and Acrobat, and Mac