Junior Graphic & Web Designer
The American Board of AnesthesiologyRaleigh, NC1M ago
We are a medical specialty certifying board serving anesthesiologists. Since 1938, we have been administering certification exams and today we take an innovative approach to continuing certification and learning. We foster practice standards that instill confidence and trust that board-certified anesthesiologists have the knowledge and skills to provide high-quality patient care. We are dedicated to elevating expertise in an evolving profession. Our mission is to advance the highest standards of the practice of anesthesiology. We work together with physician anesthesiologists to ensure they provide the best care possible for every patient, every day.
The Junior Graphic & Web Designer supports the ABA’s marketing and communications activities and positive public image through graphic, digital and written communications. Supports the Marketing and Communications team in the creation and maintenance of web assets, email, social media, photography, photo and video editing, print and collateral materials and presentations. Helps ensure the communications between the ABA and its constituents follows our brand guidelines and provides accurate, timely and engaging information.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Media, Photography or related field.
- Independent self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to design and create brochures, flyers, postcards and other digital and print collateral materials
- Supports the design of email templates and landing pages
- CMS and HTML content management
- Ability to design graphics for social media posts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Experience creating or incorporating illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of internal and external communications
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Photography and photo editing
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly PowerPoint, and strong copywriting skill
- Minimum of three years of experience testing Web-based strategic software systems.
- 2+ years of design experience in a professional office environment or agency
- Experience with WordPress highly preferred
- Experience designing graphics and infographics for both digital and print use
- Strong knowledge in photography and photo editing
- Experience managing vendors for print and collateral assets
- Background in healthcare or the medical field definitely a plus
- Supports Graphic and Web Designer with content management of multiple CMS and HTML websites
- Assists with internal requests from multiple departments for graphic elements, photography, photo editing, print and collateral material, web updates, presentations and general communications.
- Implements the ABA’s style guide in all design and communications, supports other departments follow the proper use of our style guide
- Acts as in-house photographer and photo editor for ABA staff and Director headshots and office events
- Assists in generating presentations for senior management and Board of Directors
- Maintains good communication with print, collateral, tradeshow and office vendors to ensure proper delivery of assets and print material
- Maintains knowledge of latest technologies related to graphic, photography and web
- Provides templates and assets for social media, email and general communications
- Assists with the filing and management of all digital assets into the appropriate libraries
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to work on feet consistently for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds on occasion
- Ability to travel on occasion up to 10% with overnight stays