TombrasKnoxville, TN14d ago
Tombras, an independent, 330+ person, national full-service advertising agency is searching for a WordPress Developer to join our Knoxville, TN office.
You’ll be joining an Ad Age 2019 A-List Agency. Blurring the lines between a creative agency, a digital agency and a management consultancy, we are one of the largest and fastest growing independent agencies in North America. Our digital offering is married to the discipline and rigor of our Effie-winning strategists and Cannes Lion-winning creative directors.
We are united by our philosophy: Connecting Data & Creativity for Business Results®. You’ll also be a part of a highly creative agency that has been recognized by Ad Age, Adweek, Communication Arts, Fast Company, Forbes and Fortune.
What you’ll be doing:
- Interact with development, UX and creative teams to understand scope of projects and offer elegant, creative and scalable solutions
- Engage with digital teams, technical directors and digital project managers to define project specifications
- Deliver quality websites and other digital projects that meet coding standards and cross-browser compatibilities
- Help formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and/or plugin
What you bring:
- 3+ years’ experience working in a front-end development role within a full-service agency or start-up environment
- Comfortable building sites utilizing WordPress plugins such as Advanced Custom Fields, GravityForms, etc.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Chrome Inspector, Firebug, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS/SCSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Previous experience developing component-based WordPress websites
- Experience interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Comfortable using Git. Branching, merging, resolving merge conflicts. Follows, or familiar with the GitFlow workflow
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field. In lieu of education requirements, participation in General Assembly or portfolio school experience will be considered
- Independent spirit
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- A drive for innovation
Why you’ll want to work at Tombras:
- New, Modern building in downtown Knoxville
- Dog-friendly office
- Casual dress
- Highly collaborative and high-energy work environment
- Competitive salaries
- Benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more
- Company culture of promotions from within and an atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
This position is based at our headquarters in Knoxville, Tennessee. If you haven’t heard, it’s one of the coolest cities (just ask HuffPost, Buzzfeed and Forbes). Seriously — if you’re lucky, we might help you relocate here.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job may require traveling overnight, driving long distances as required and sitting for extended periods of time with occasional walking and standing and occasionally lifting or carrying articles weighing less than 10 pounds.