REQAustin, TX14d ago
We’re seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time WordPress Developer position within our Austin, TX office. The Developer will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing current WordPress sites, as well as developing and implementing new sites based on requirements and designs.
We build brands online, and we're proud to work with some of the best consumer brands, non-profits, advocacy groups, small businesses, associations, and influential people. Our diverse client base means a variety of fascinating challenges and learning experiences for you.
At REQ, you'll be surrounded by people who are curious, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. We're a team of thinkers, creators, and builders who act as trusted advisers to our clients and stewards of their marketing budgets. We enjoy each other’s company and have fun while we work, which is why we were named as a Best Place to Work in the Washingtonian and Washington Business Journal.
- Develop responsive, standards-compliant themes for WordPress
- Build sites using the latest version of WordPress and maintain older versions (ability to maintain Drupal sites not required, but appreciated)
- Install, test, and debug WordPress plugins, and create custom plugins as needed
- Evaluate designs, wireframes and other deliverables for development feasibility and collaborate with designers as needed
- Contribute to cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display in major supported browsers on Mac, PC, iOS, and Android
- Communicate the intricacies of complex web development issues, acting as a subject matter expert both internally across departments and externally with clients
- Prototype functionality for internal and client review
- Experience creating and modifying WordPress themes
- Expert HTML & Sass/CSS skills with full understanding of web standards and responsive design techniques
- Attention to design detail, ability to match designs provided through Zeplin, and ability to collaborate and communicate with designers
- Proficiency with Git
- Ability to estimate time and level of effort for front-end development tasks
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Preferred: Experience developing WordPress plugins
- Preferred: Basic understanding of SEO and accessibility best practices
- Preferred: Familiarity with Drupal
- Preferred: Experience with configuring and theming Shopify sites
- Austin area candidates only
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference "WordPress Developer" in the subject line.
Austin area candidates only.
REQ is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.