Wordpress & PHP Developer
BuildThisChicago, IL14d ago
Who We Are
Specializing in web development, BuildThis builds unique, user-centric digital experiences combining design and strategy to tell a brand’s story. We pride ourselves on our work and are honored to be listed as a top Chicago Web Design & Development Firm (clutch.co).
Innovation motivates us.
Dependability keeps us growing.
Honesty keeps us happy.
Respect keeps us together.
The Wordpress and PHP Developer role at BuildThis requires tenacity, collaboration, initiative, and an in-depth understanding of development. As an agency, we work with a multitude of clients spanning many industries; an ability to adapt & an interest in constantly learning & evolving is paramount to this role.
This Is What We’re Looking For
- Basic understanding of Laravel, or equivalent framework, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively & communicate effectively with Project Managers and other designers/developers within Project Teams.
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Code, test, debug, and implement application system upgrades, enhancements, and system integrations.
- Complete required work for client projects from onboarding to completion on time & within estimated hours.
- This includes, but is not limited to: uncovering & evaluating project/client functional needs/requests, usability & audience understanding & suggestions, involvement in the full software development cycle: supporting design to planning for development & implementation, writing secure & clean code for web applications, document code, concepts, business logic & logistics, and performing necessary measures to ensure mobile responsiveness & quality assurance across common browsers & devices.
- Manage server optimization for BuildThis’ maintenance clients.
- Work with 3rd-party vendors for technical support to resolve complex problems
- Interest in software & web development trends/languages/frameworks and present any ideas or recommendations to BuildThis’ leadership team for possible new opportunities.
- Work with BuildThis’ leadership team to establish development departmental standards. Subsequently, ensure that these standards are met for documentation & coding in the application development department.
- Opportunity to work with and learn from a whole team of experienced digital enthusiasts!
- BuildThis fosters a fun & creative work environment, where you’ll be able to work and interact with many different employees throughout every department.
- Many opportunities to attend offsite events where you’ll be able to meet and network with hundreds of individuals and other businesses.
- BuildThis’ offices are located in the iconic Chicago Board of Trade building.
- Opportunity to work remotely when needed
- Company will provide additional educational opportunities (conferences, classes, certifications, etc.) as needed
- Health Insurance coverage via group plan with stipend
- Wellness Plan with quarterly incentives & stipends
- Quarterly Profit Sharing